Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Nurse
Perth Vet Emergency
Looking to take your nursing career to the next level?
Perth Vet Emergency (PVE) is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral specialist centres operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year round. The hospital is equipped with a full in-house laboratory including blood gas analysis, digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy and on-site access to CT.
We are looking for a nurse to join our team at our Yokine practice in Perth in a casual capacity (three shifts a week) with the potential for more, including on-call shifts over the weekends.
Given the unplanned nature of emergency and critical care cases, our Nursing team are highly trained by PVE to manage a variety of situations of varying complexity, including severe trauma, complex medical and surgical cases, and mechanical ventilation. PVE delivers high-quality training through structured induction programs, mentoring, regular Nurse team-based training, case studies and intensive care development programs.
PVE Nursing team members have the support of a dedicated Client Care team to primarily liaise with our clients so you can focus on enriching our patient’s treatment and experience with us. We are committed to working as a team to deliver high-quality results for our clients and patients, as well as learning from each other and having fun in the process!
The successful candidate will possess:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing, or Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- Minimum of two years of Emergency and Critical Care nursing experience, or three to five years experience in general nursing
- A passion for providing excellent patient care and a drive for continuing education
- Outstanding relationship-building skills and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- The ability to participate in a roster spanning across weeknights, days, early mornings, weekends and public holidays
If you are a highly motivated person, you work well as part of a team and are interested in extending your skills in emergency and critical care, please email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number PVVN2008.
Please advise in your covering letter your availability to work shifts across a 24-hour roster.