Full-Time (35-40 hours per week)
Perth Vet Emergency
Are you a motivated and compassionate leader looking to take the next step in your career?
Challenge yourself in this highly rewarding role by helping to expand the capacity and capabilities of our Veterinary team.
Supported by our Hospital Director, Dr Penny Seet (BSc, BVMS, MANZCVS – Emergency and Critical Care, Medicine of Cats) and our dedicated Clinical Manager Dr Stephanie Pattison (BSc, BVMS, MANZCVS – Emergency and Critical Care), this is an opportunity for an experienced or aspiring leader to help Perth Vet Emergency provide veterinary services that go above and beyond the expectations of our clients and primary care veterinarians. This position would ideally suit someone who has a proven history of successfully managing a team and contributing positively to the organisation’s goals. You will have ample opportunity to delve into team dynamics, problem solve and develop skills and abilities among much more. As such, a love of building relationships and inspiring performance is needed to succeed.
Perth Vet Emergency is a busy and progressive 24-hour emergency clinic situated in Yokine, central Perth. We are a trusted leader in Emergency and Critical Care (ECC) for small animals and our vision is to set the highest possible standard for ECC medicine in Australia. We accomplish this by consistently providing quality services for small animals, whilst maintaining close relationships with our primary care veterinary practices. We have an inclusive and compassionate team of Client Care Representatives, Management, Nurses, and Veterinarians.
You will also get to enjoy living in the bustling, growing, and beautiful Perth! There is never a shortage of things to do here and the beaches are some of the best in the world. If you are finding yourself looking for a change in these uncertain COVID-19 times, this could be the job for you. Whether it is moving home to the West, or wanting to make a positive lifestyle choice for you and your family, Perth has so much to offer.
With five week’s annual leave, plus another week’s leave for professional development per year, you will have ample opportunity to relax and enjoy some downtime also.
About the role
We are seeking someone who is passionate about helping our team achieve their goals and fostering a culture of continual development and operational excellence. You will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and mentor our veterinary team, who are at various stages in their career.
Specific tasks include:
- Managing a growing team of enthusiastic and passionate Veterinarians
- Regular performance appraisals and feedback with veterinary team members to develop their skills in line with business and personal goals
- Implementing and compliance of new and existing company policies
- Managing roster coordination and budgets
- Involvement in human resource functions such as recruitment, training and development, conflict and performance management, and enhancing team culture
- Assist in ensuring ongoing compliance with all relevant legislation, including Workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Form part of the leadership team to develop company strategies and quarterly goals
What we are looking for
- Membership to the ANZCVS in Emergency and Critical Care (or working towards this) will be highly regarded
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Veterinarian is essential
- High-level communication skills with the ability to influence, lead and motivate staff
- Confidence with developing relationships in a positive manner and working cohesively as a team
- A compassionate nature that is motivated by self-improvement and team success
- Proven success with conflict resolution, open conversations, and performance management processes
- Ability to work shifts in the evening, across the weekend, and on public holidays
Applicants that are interested in full-time work are welcome to apply. With a balance of rostered clinical shifts and dedicated management hours, the Veterinary Manager role is flexible in its rostering, given we are open 24/7. Applicants are encouraged to contact Dr Emily Gray to discuss their preferred availability/possible restrictions. The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you have any questions, or to discuss the role further, please contact Dr Penny See, Hospital Director, on (08) 6244 2584 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number PVEVM2006.