Perth Vet Emergency is part of the Animal Emergency Australia group. Animal Emergency Australia’s brands also include Animal Emergency Service, Pet ICU, Improve International Australia, and the initiatives Register My Pet and VetAPedia.
We recognise and understand your personal information is important to you, and we are committed to your privacy and the protection of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect has been supplied by you when you contact us or download information through our website. Personal information may include:
- Name and contact details, such as address, email address, phone number
- Pet details, such as age, weight, current medical conditions
We may also collect information about your:
- Marketing preferences, such as the type of marketing information you wish to receive and how you’d like to receive them (email, SMS, mail)
- Responses to surveys
- Automatically through online usage of our website. Please see “How we interact with you via the internet“
Why do we collect, store, and use your personal details?
The primary purpose we collect, store, and use your personal information is:
- To provide safe and effective veterinary care to your pet
- To answer your questions and provide you with information and advice regarding the health care of your pet
Who do we share your personal information with and why?
We share your information with our Animal Emergency Australia group of veterinary hospitals, for them to be able treat your pet in the event you need to attend for a pet emergency.
There may be occasions where we will need to pass your personal information to companies who perform part of our service delivery. These organisations include:
- Those who are involved in maintaining, reviewing, and developing our business systems, procedures, and infrastructure, including our computer systems and website
- When we are required to or authorised by law
- Where you have given your consent
Do we share your personal information overseas?
On occasion some of the service providers we use are outside Australia. In these cases, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and in accordance with privacy laws.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications, such as email, SMS, or post, to keep you informed about Perth Vet Emergency services should you indicate during the registration process you would like to receive these messages.
You can unsubscribe at any time from these marketing communications by:
- Email: clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of an email you have received
- SMS: replying “opt out”
- Mail: Contacting us by email or phone
How we interact with you via the internet
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Third-party links and other sites
When you use our website or if you receive any marketing communications from us, links to other websites belonging to third parties may be included for your convenience. We recommend viewing their privacy policies in these cases. We aren’t responsible for information on these websites, or the privacy practices of any third party.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
We store your personal information securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only personnel requiring access to the information are allowed access. All personal information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some information is kept for a certain number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed or de-identified.
Updating your personal information
If you believe any information we hold about you is inaccurate or misleading you can request a correction of the information. After receiving a request, we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
How to contact us or make a complaint